Progress,  page 36
The finished slab came out really nice ... very smooth and level.  The only problems we
encountered were due to some less-than-substantial forms I had installed in a couple of places
that bulged a bit.  Nothing we can't compensate for later, but I should have planned better.

You can see in this picture that we wrapped the rocks in thin plastic to protect against splatter.  
All we have to do is cut the plastic flush with the surface of the concrete later.
And here's the final result at the end of the day.  We're quite happy with the way it all turned out,
and overjoyed to have finally reached such a major milestone for us.  We spent many months
pitching rocks and groveling in the dirt with our only motivation being the anticipation that we
would one day have a slab.  And finally it is here.